Saturday, June 5, 2010

ISO "Le Big Mac"

Today a friend of Kim's was nice enough to offer to take me back to Emmouse (the GW/ Salvation Army type place) to pick up my bag I had forgotten, and it was all still there! Yea!
On the way back he wanted to stop to get some coffee at the French McDonald's. I saw this as my opportunity to confirm whether the ever so famous scene in Pulp Fiction where John Travolta talks about the "little differences" in Europe was true. One of the "little differences" was that they call The Big Mac "Le Big Mac". I didn't see that or a "Royal with Cheese" either. But I did see a "Le Double Cheese" which was still amusing for me.

We took a very scenic route back, on this very hot day, which was beautiful as always. The valley here looks so much the Willamette Valley, of course, until you see that castle (excuse me Chateau) off
in the distance. We stopped by a lake and waded around which was quite lovely as well. I think we'll go again when I get back from Paris (going next weekend) and actually have a bathing suit.

Well, I think I'm going to go on a little bike ride to the cemetery now!

No comments:

Post a Comment