Saturday, June 5, 2010

Still on my mind...

Today when I was at the market I saw a couple (English I believe) that had two boys that appeared to be the result of international adoption (of course you never know, but genetically speaking I really don't know how these two could have biologically produced their beautiful boys but who knows?), I am in another country now though, I shouldn't assume. It's quite possible that they were adopted domestically in their home country, okay I've been diplomatic...moving on. I've been in a small village, and a few others now, and the races don't vary dramatically (granted being in Paris will be quite different!). It's almost like being in Corvallis again where you know (GENERALIZATION, forgive me) if you see people of certain races that they are students, adoptees, or something else exotic and exciting, "hp"?

I felt that my adoption aspirations, which means kids in general for us, had cooled since being on this grand adventure, but seeing that beautiful family as well as having down time that allowed to read a few of my Eithiopian adoption blogs (families being united after long waits, families being made in a court of law "official" and family firsts) just put me right back there. I'm happy to wait and happy to explore and educate myself in the process (which I think is the only intelligent option when having kids in general, not even adopting!) but I can happily say that I can't wait for our lives to be at that point and for us to start the adoption process when we're ready. It's just another grand adventure that awaits.

No comments:

Post a Comment