Monday, March 29, 2010

Fear of Flying update.



Well, I've got "aerophobia", that's what my book calls extreme fear of flying. Yep, that's me! I'm about 80 pages into my book and I'll be honest, I teared up about seven times in the first four pages! I've been doing a lot better now though, just upset stomach when I read it! I've learned some really good tips though, subscribed to the Podcast and found my rubberband (it's to snap "negative thoughts" away while flying...maybe I should try it everyday...).

I had a little relapse today though, I had learned about "vectoring" which is when an airplane basically circles an airport where it's about to land in the event that the airport is full at the moment. I was in my room working on a project for Mosaic, when I hear "The debris field from the crash is so vast that it will take quite a lot of time to get concrete answers. The plane was 'vectoring' at the time of the crash, a common procedure." Well, as you can imagine my stomach dropped through the floor and I hopped out of bed into the living room where my grandma was sitting watching television. Good news: it was not a real crash! She was watching "Breaking Bad" and it had a fake plane crash montage, fun. Nearly threw up, but you know, whatever.

For the most part I'm feeling more at ease about flying, but the one part I just can't seem to get my head around is the fact that I'm going to be on a plane for over THIRTEEN HOURS!! That's just the way there, on the way back it's SEVENTEEN HOURS!!! There literally is nothing I can think of that I would rather do less. I'm thinking positively though, and obviously the fact that I get to land in Paris at the end of all of this is a help. I may have to try Megan Fox's trick...

" I had to come up with a way to deal with it because I didn’t want to have panic attacks every time I get on a plane. I know for a fact it’s not in my destiny to die listening to a BritneySpears album, so I always put that on in my (headphones) when I’m flying because I know it wont crash if I’ve got Britney on.”

The length of flight is now made even more terrifying... I'd have to listen to EVERY ALBUM!

1 comment:

  1. I love the britney spears thing! I will have to remember that :) You will be just fine! Ha, easy for me to say, right!? But seriously, good for you for trying to fix your phobia! Go you!

    ReplyDelete