Saturday, March 20, 2010

Future hangout spot...Barnes & Noble bathroom??

Alex and I had to run a few errands this morning (i.e. Buy New Moon on Blu-Ray and some other junk) one of them being going to Barnes and Noble. I needed to go to buy "Flying without Fear: Effective Strategies To Get Where You Need To Go" that I had read reviews for online. I looked at all the used bookstores in Berkeley (okay, most of them, there are a TON here!) and unfortunately no one had it (I always try to buy new books as a last resort...I'll do my "green" blog some other time!) so B &N it was. I wanted to read some of the book a bit before committing to the $16.95 + tax price-tag and started getting that old familiar feeling...nausea, dizziness and tightness in my chest. Ah, the joys of panic.

So, I went to the bathroom, while thinking about some of the new tips I'd learned from the book. I start to calm myself and listen to the sounds around me (not what you think!) and I realize that the fan in the bathroom at Barnes and Noble sounds exactly like the background noise of a plane!


Maybe this will become part of overcoming my fear of flying, I can just come in here with my "Flying Without Fear" book and pretend I'm on the plane flying to France!

The flushing may become distracting at times....

1 comment:

  1. I hope this really works, the book not the bathroom! If it does, I will def have to borrow it :) Good luck with your journey to non panicking on planes!!!!

    ReplyDelete