Sunday, March 7, 2010

Day OFF!!

This past Sunday marked the first complete day off I've had in three weeks! We made sure to make up for lost time!

Alex and I started off the day with brunch at Rudy's Can't Fail in Emeryville, with a great group of friends. If you're local GO HERE! It's A-M-A-Z-I-N-G! I ordered the French Toast Challah bread...oh my gosh! So soft... so flavorful...soooo goood! Alex got the Eggs Blackstone and they were also incredible. Not too heavy on the hollandaise sauce and crunchy bread too. Yum.




Then we all headed over to Golden Gate Fields where Sundays are "dollar days". $1 parking, $1 admission, $1 hotdogs, beer and soda. My kind of event!

Alex and I had never been and it was so much fun! Our friends had to teach us how to use the automated betting machines, and how to bet too actually. There are really complicated terms! We even won a little....a very little. I even wore a floppy hat! I hope we'll return on April 10th, when there will be Dachshund Dog races!


After a few hours in the BEAUTIFUL weather we'd been having lately, Alex had to sadly go to work. I, however, got to go to Mosaic's lecture/gathering called "Among Us". It was all about refugees and how there are so many of them "Among Us". The IRC (International Rescue Committe) were the guests that night, and here is an amazing video I hope you'll check out. If you want a cool way to help you can become a mentor, you will be the first Americans they meet and you'll get to show them all the sights!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RcHh7uZ5WSQ

No comments:

Post a Comment