Sunday, April 11, 2010

Before I got sick...

I have to say that our trip to Oregon wasn't all bad, I was lucky enough to have a few days of fun with the fam before I got sick. Alex worked for his dad Saturday afternoon so I took my two youngest sisters to Chuck E. Cheese's, they had never been, so that was a fun thing to experience with them. I went thinking (yes, I admit, a little full of myself) that it would be fun to play mommy for a day and that I might even look like the "cool young mom". I forgot where I was. If I had been the mom of my four and five year old siblings, I would have been considered "middle aged" in the demographic I saw there that day.

The fun didn't stop there! Later that night we had a big McNall family
egg coloring party that my sisters had a blast with as well.
They colored an 18 pack all by themselves and at the end of the night my five year old sister, Ava, showed me the technique she had used to color her eggs. It involved holding the egg in the dye with her hand (no need for the little metal dipper!) until it was the perfect color. The end result was beautiful eggs, bright green hands and two days for them to return to normal!


I was also lucky enough to enjoy some fabulous tax free shopping thanks to an early birthday present from my in-laws. I got some great pieces for France that I am feeling very excited about. I think that a little retail shopping is another therapeutic step to my over coming the fear of flying ;)

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you had fun! I can't believe your sisters had never been to Chuck E Cheese! How much fun :)

    ReplyDelete