Sunday, April 11, 2010

Visit Home.

Okay, I don't like to start off a blog entry on a negative note, but this past week Alex and I got to go home to visit our families. My mother warned me that all the kids had been sick with a nasty virus that had been hanging on for weeks, however I thought it ought to be on its way out because it had been so long. The other thing was that this was our one window of time that we could go up to Oregon before I left for France. Meaning, we had to go then, or it would have been seven months until we saw them all again. With young siblings that change so rapidly I couldn't possily be away for over half a year, even if my health was at risk. So, I did my best to stay away from my 12 year old sister, I love her dearly, but she was the only one still sick and the one who had been hit hardest of all. My mom aired out and cleaned the room we were staying in, but it was to no avail.

I got sick after only being there for THREE DAYS! Alex was working for his dad for two days so he was actually staying with them then (thankfully) and has been doing his best to avoid me since so that he doesn't get sick as well. As if a crappy cold wasn't bad enough, I woke up at 3am last night with pink eye. Awesome. So, I called my doctor's office and called the alternative number for urgent attention. Well, I guess what that actually means is that they page her at home. On a Sunday. At 8am. Oops! She is so nice though and I love her even more now (I've only seen her once because we just got insurance and I just picked her from a pic online from our insurance company, thankfully I chose wisely!) because she called in drops for me so that I can stop losing hundreds of dollars due to all of the jobs I've had to cancel! On a positive note, I have been pretty productive and have been able to research and finalize most of my window displays I'll be doing in France as well as researching for a wedding I'm helping with. I've also been practicing my French!

I'm SO BORED! I need to look at this as a great opportunity to relax and get done the things I'm not able to get done when I'm working 5+ jobs!

No comments:

Post a Comment