Friday, February 26, 2010

Steals and Deals!

I have to say that one of the greatest things about living in the bay area are all of the resources. Specifically, all of the amazing deals you can get! I am a huge fan of the "Used Gear Sales" at REI, honestly some of the most incredible savings I've ever found in my life! There are tons of great thrift shops and stores where you can find amazing bargains, but, my favorite insider source? FREECYCLE!! Alex and I recently signed up (it's like Craigslist, but everything, EVERYTHING is FREEEEE!) and we have found a few little things: a squeegie (sp?) for screen printing, an over the visor CD holder for the car and mason jar lids. But, the most amazing finds? A one hundred year old trunk (much like this one pictured here) with local Oakland stickers and tags still attached! Currently in our basement, but someday an awesome coffee table or window seat!

Today, was the coolest find BY far. Two life-sized vintage catalog models printed on masonite (i.e. the stuff clip boards are made of). We have them in our room against the wall by each of our sides of the bed, Alex has the boy by his side and I have the girl by mine! So, so, so cool! We're quickly on our way to having some of the weird kitschy items you always see in the loft or cool apartment from a movie.


Alex got me this large "B" (for Bekah) from a store front (the neon is inside and everything!) that we have on top of our armoire for Valentine's Day. Next stop? A giant trampoline in our loft a la "Big"! ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment