Thursday, February 4, 2010

Embroidery!!


I know, it's so exciting that it gets TWO, count them, TWO exclamation points!! Now, this is not your Grandmother's embroidery, this is the embroidery of Jenny Hart of Sublime Stiching! Here is the link to their website http://www.sublimestitching.com they have patterns that iron on to your fabric, how-to's, examples, etc. I got the book Sublime Stitching from my in-laws for Christmas and I LOVE it! I am a huge crafting lady, and I love to try new crafts all the time to see what I excel in (so far just decent at a dozen or so crafts ;) )

The book has hundreds of patterns in it and they're all vintage or kitsch, exactly my style.
I made this hankie for Alex, I got the hankie at The Center for Creative Reuse in Oakland on Telegraph, it's AMAZING! Then I ironed on several different patterns and this is what it looks like:

It was supposed to be for Valentine's Day, but I'm lame and gave it to him about two weeks ago. I'm currently working on a Lucha Libre doily, it may very well be awesome. I also want to do kitchen towels, a tie and an awesome shirt for Alex, but I have to learn some more stitches first!

1 comment:

  1. You are def going to have to teach me this! That is so cool :) I love the hankie, btw!

    ReplyDelete