Tuesday, February 16, 2010

A Penny Saved Is A Penny Earned...or something like that.


Now that the longest week of our lives (Alex worked 55 hours, I worked nearly 70!) is FINALLY over and I've managed to catch up on some of the sleep I had lost, I can catch up on my blogging!

Alex and I are deep into saving and working as much as we can right now. For most of our marriage it has been only one of us working consistently which has made saving money nearly
impossible. Now, however, Alex and I are both working and with the start of the year we've started keeping records of EVERYTHING that we spend and save into my handy dandy 1960's "Family Financial Record" book (Thank you Goodwill!) We also opened SIX savings accounts so that we can make sure we put away exactly how much we need to into our house, bills, etc. savings accounts. So far it's going very well and it's kind-of scary now that we're saving to see how much we wasted before (again, to be fair we both didn't
have jobs so the word "waste" might be a little harsh!) and also how much progress we're making! So, it makes it feel a little more worth it to change that extra poopy diaper, or stand on the corner for eight hours handing out business cards for someone, or donating blood because it's...

Next stop...adulthood!!

No comments:

Post a Comment